Are you passionate, hands on, idealistic, responsible, mission-driven, and self-directed? Are you familiar and actively involved with the political circles of Brussels? Are you a lobby mastermind, born communicator and no stranger to liaising to boot? Do you know how to excite people about one common goal: saving missing children. Then we have a unique and exciting challenge for you!
About AMBER Alert Europe
AMBER Alert Europe is a foundation that assists in saving missing children at risk by connecting law enforcement with other police experts and with the public across Europe. AMBER Alert Europe advocates that one missing child is one too many and aims for zero missing children in Europe. The foundation brings together 38 official organisations, public authorities and business entities from 23 countries. AMBER Alert Europe also officially facilitates the Police Expert Network on Missing Persons (PEN-MP), the first and only official European missing persons police network, as well as the Task Force on AMBER Alerts.
As Public Affairs & Policy Officer, you are our key connection to other organisations in the field, as well as relevant European institutions. You are responsible for carrying out and pushing forward the programs and strategic plan of the organisation. You actively monitor and analyse the EU agenda and activities on their relevancy to AMBER Alert Europe and take the necessary actions. You participate in international projects, organize events, liaise with a large number of policy makers, legislators, partners and law enforcement experts and represent the organisation at events or in meetings.
Who are you?
You are optimistic by nature – believing that with time, energy, smarts, strategy and sheer will, you can change the world. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to create that change. You have an interest and a good understanding of human rights and children’s rights, as well as the child protection agenda. You know your way around the political circles of Brussels and maybe even The Hague unlike any other. You are a born networker – skilled at making and maintaining contact with a wide range of stakeholders. You are highly experienced in the field of Public Relations and European Affairs. Additionally, you can put your excellent communication skills to use to compile powerful and clear letters, position papers or subsidy applications, even under pressure.
- You have a university degree related to European and/or International Relations;
- You have four or more years of experience in PA related activities;
- You have strong advocacy skills with experience in/understanding of decision-making processes of the main European Institutions.
- You have excellent project management skills; you are stress resistant and can you perform well under pressur
- You are a strong communicator, written as well as oral, in English. Knowledge of Dutch and additional European languages advantageous.
- You have a keen eye for identifying funding and grant opportunities, ideally in managing EU funded projects and activities.
What can you expect?
- A very interesting job in which you can contribute to saving children’s lives;
- A full time position (40 hours) with lots of room for creativity, new ideas and personal input;
- A competitive salary with many benefits including a contributory pension;
- 38 PTO days based on full-time employment;
- A fun, ‘Google-esque’ workplace in Maastricht or remote workplace in Brussels.
We were hoping you would be and are (impatiently) awaiting your application! Send your resume, cover letter and several written pieces you are proud of (English and Dutch) to [email protected] stating PA_LIMB in the header of your email. We are looking forward to meeting you.
Acquisition in response to this job posting is not appreciated!